Wednesday, May 2

"Real Facts"

I sat down at the Marian desktop with a armload of research books, a white bag from Walgreens and my overflowing black pull-string backpack. I wanted some order before I began my work. I piled the books on the chair beside me and laid the backpack on the desk. I carefully emptied my Walgreens sack, lining the contents next the PC monitor.
I checked my facebook a decided to open one of my beverages. Snapple Peach Sweet Tea, I fell in love with the drink last summer in New Jersey and compulsively bought it along with an Arizona Sweet Tea, Vanilla Frappuccino, Doublemint gun, and a Midnight Milky Way (which means dark chocolate *yum*) Yes, I am going to be up a while. I opened the glass bottle and looked under the lid. The "Real Fact" was numbered 330 and said, "The top of the Empire state building was originally built as a place to anchor blimps." I was so amused by this fact that it inspired me to go to Snapple.com and look up some more:

#25 The only food that doesn't spoil is honey.

#335 "Way" is the most frequently used noun in the English language.

#225 Tennessee banned the use of a lasso to catch fish.

#222 The act of chewing an apple is a more efficient way of staying awake than caffeine.

#339In the U.S., all interstate highways that run east to west are even-numbered.

#223 Mt. Everest has grown one foot over the last 100 years.

#224 The first typewriter was called the "literary piano."

#221 A tune that gets stuck in your head is called an "earworm"

#336 You exhale air at 15 m.p.h.

#335 75% of people wash from top to bottom in the shower.

#42 Frogs can't swallow with their eyes open.

#51 Borborygmi is the noise that your stomach makes when you are hungry.

#118 Hawaii is the only U.S. state that grows coffee.


Now, I am using this research for school (journal) purposes, but I should get back to some real work.

3 Comments:

At 5/04/2007 11:59 PM, Blogger erudil said...

I like 222...perhaps I should try that. 335 is natural: the water is falling down, so why would you want to wash your lower body when water from your unwashed upper body is falling on it?

 
At 5/07/2007 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fact #1
I love you. God is so good. He will establish your path. He will have His way in all your endeavors. Remember to rest in Him under all circumstances. Nothing is out of His sight and His care.

Fact #2
I will miss you. All things that truly matter have great joy and great pain. Give both to God and you will learn to give Him glory at all times. He is faithful to sustain us always.

Fact #3
The scripture teach us how to love and live. God shows Himself strong in the midst of our weakness. He knows all. He raises up who He will and sets down who He will. Keep you eyes always on Him and the truths in His Book. There you find true joy.

 
At 5/08/2007 10:30 PM, Blogger Steve said...

maybe you should add apples to your very large arsenal of staying awake weapons

 

Post a Comment

<< Home