Wednesday, April 6

Good Wednesday

I have school rolling. Yes, that is a very good and rare thing. I have 2 Algebra II tests to turn in tomorrow, and so I am in the midst of them. I have to edit all my papers for Mr. P, but I have like only 1 more to write, so this is very very happy. I have tapes to do, of course. Margs and David are coming over to do them with me... again. I know, you would think that we wouldn't have to do 9 hours of tapes plus 1/4 of the book A Tale of Two Cities, but it seems that Mr. Quine, the author of my World Views book, thinks we are all super human.

I am going to get all my lines totally down by tomorrow afternoon. I am going to go over and over them. I also want to run, and I have to finish all school. I may squeeze food in somewhere, but that is my plan for the day. Oh, and I want to clean my room, actually Mom wants me to clean my room.

I have a question, do you think that people can want to do the right thing for the right reason, without God? I was thinking about this, and even with God, I don't do the right thing for the right reason like 99% of the time. There is always other reasons. Anyways, that is my deep thought for the day.

Proverb of the day:
"Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, which, having no captain, overseer or ruler, provides her supplies in the wummer, and gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, o sluggard? When will you rise from you sleep?"
Proverbs 6:6-9

This is inspiring. See, the ant is like us. If we are willing to give up fun now, if we are willing to put our minds and bodies to work, and master the invaluable gift of self disapline, we will prosper. In the long hard winters of life, we will be full. For now I am living my youthful summer, but I will not waste it. I will work. Yes, I can enjoy life, and with God I must, but I will not be sluggish, for that will not porsper me, nor God.

So be encouraged. School is God's plan, and He will bless those who are faithful.

7 Comments:

At 4/06/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

Very cool. I understand the pain of school that you're going through.

 
At 4/06/2005 11:55 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

I think I agree with you. Even Doctors who can do the right thing, might not be doing it for the right reason. I do not think it is possible.

 
At 4/06/2005 1:01 PM, Blogger erudil said...

Ultimately, the only right reason is the glory of the true God — which goal no unsaved person has. Of course, any person can do good things for good reasons, but only the best reason is without sin.

 
At 4/06/2005 3:18 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I am going to have to say that people can do the right thing for sorta the right reasons without God. For example, I have friends that are not Christians but would still do things like respect elders because it is the proper thing to do. I am not completely sure that donig something because it is the 'proper' thing is the 'right' reason but I don't think it is a wrong reason.

 
At 4/06/2005 7:59 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I don't know you guys... I mean, what about defining the word "right".

 
At 4/06/2005 11:48 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

That's a good question...

I suppose you can do the right things with the right reasons without God. Like helping someone just to get pay back.

But you can also do it and not know it. Just by letting Christ shine through you. Being polite, helping someone without expecting something back and just being kind. You may not notice it, but you're still letting Christ shine through because you have already allowed Him to come into your life.

 
At 4/07/2005 9:37 AM, Blogger erudil said...

People can do "good" without Christ, but the unsaved person cannot do "right" in the eyes of God. This is a reason why Arminianism is wrong, but that's a different subject.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home