Saturday, August 20

In Sickness and in Health

As I posted in my last couple blogs I am not in a healthy state of being. Last night I could hardly sleep because my right ear ached so badly. I awoke to discover it was still in such a condition and my wonderful mother drove me to a doctor to get a perscription so that I could be better sooner. The doctor told me that I had a sinus infection also. My cold is still in the rough stages of making my voice sound strange and my nose be like... blocked all the time. Anyways, I spent about four hours laying around wishing I was better. Though, as I may have mentioned before there is a feeling I get when I am truly sick. I love just letting go of all responsiblities. It's only when I am like, totally ill that I actually lay down and sleep in the middle of the day for hours and not feel fully guilty for it. But, it's still sad that I don't get to expand my garden today.

Anyways, I was laying on the love seat in our family room because Mom and Dad were gone all midday and I had to try to keep order from my sick bed. Ok, so I am like not in a good mood. I am not feeling well and these children are all acting up, and thinking they can get away with stuff because I am not up to catch them. I am yelling at them, and being extremely unkind and inconsiderate of what they were thinking and feeling.

I needed such an attitude adjustment that I resorted to doing my quiet time. I know, novel idea wasn't it. So I am reading through Jeremiah in the later chapters and I was totally blown away with how Israel would try God's patience over and over and over again, and yet He still held true to His promise to David that He would spare his line. He punished them severly for all the did, yet He was so incredibly merciful also. So my soul was once more brought to the realization that God is God, in sickness and in health. I am to follow His law in sickness and in health. I give myself excuses and it just is so dumb and triveal. So the lesson I learned today is that the culture trys to get the lie in our heads that when we don't feel well, we don't have to hold ourselves to the same standard of goodness. It's a lie. That is what I learned.

Also, I need to thank my mother. On days like this, I just get the smallest of tastes of all that she does no matter how she feels. I need to say thank you a little more often.

4 Comments:

At 8/21/2005 6:31 AM, Blogger erudil said...

:-( So sorry about the sinus infection. I got one this year at ECHO, possibly from myriad kinds of pollen from myriad kinds of exotic plants. For the majority of a day, I was rather feverish. Being cold in southern Florida just before the start of summer — it just didn't feel right!

 
At 8/21/2005 10:13 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

I hope and pray you feel better real soon Becca. You're such a "trooper." I've seen you work while you've been sick, and you just endure.

Keep smiling and keep letting the joy of the Lord be your strength.

 
At 8/22/2005 6:44 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Thank you guys. I feel a little better today.

 
At 8/22/2005 4:25 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I love how God shows us the things we need to know in His Word! He is so wonderful that way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home