Monday, October 24

Amazing

A horrific scream wells up from the baby’s little lungs. Dense detergent soap has soaked into her eyes and immediately her small fists rub the slimy eye lids, but to avail. It’s a moments like this that the first thing I think is and than instinctively say is, “MOM!” She comes rushing into the bathroom where I had started the tub water. In her calm and precise way she took the fighting child and began to flush her eyes with water. In less than minutes the scene had quite transformed. Mom had a subdued Keziah rapped in a towel drinking a glass of warm milk. It was not a terribly altering experience. I mean the baby’s fine, but I have been troubled by this thought:

“Who will I call when I am the mom?” Yeah, I know it’s a long ways off and why think about it now, right? Well when I begin to think of the countless upon uncounted times that I have yelled at the top of my lungs “MOM!” Or in low sickly tones cried “Mom…” Or in utter ignorance and confusion called “Mom?!” It won’t be long when I won’t be able to shout Mom with any result. It won’t be much longer still when I’ll hear someone yell “MOM” and I will be the one that is supposed to answer with gentle and controlled wisdom. *Shakes head* wow.

The point is Mom’s are amazing. I am only beginning to understand that. I know when I am a Mom I will appreciate my Mom on a whole new sphere. Anyways that’s a little realization of reality I guess. Just thought I would encourage us all honor the amazing moms we all have.

Cheers, to Moms. *Raises glass and hears little tink twenk clink*

8 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 8:59 PM, Blogger Jen said...

CHEERS! *raising glass* Yes I love my Mommy too. I have been thinging major seriously about long-term missions when I grow up with the little debrief and everything, and reading your post makes me think ahh.. I won't have my Mommy just "around the corner."
But you know who we call on? We call on God. He is always with us. Our mommy's might not always be there when we are in an emergency, but Our Heavenly Father never leaves us nor forsakes us!

 
At 10/24/2005 9:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

By the by... you had a good intro and it freaked me out! :)

 
At 10/24/2005 11:06 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Cheers! *raises glass* Mom's are awesome. I even wrote a poem for my mom which I promised her I wouldn't ever show anyone. heh

I love my mom.

 
At 10/25/2005 10:49 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I have wondered the same thing about what I'm going to do when my Mom is not around anymore. My Mom sure is amazing!

 
At 10/25/2005 2:44 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I am going to work now. I will post more later, but since I will be at work until 10 it will be late.

Love you guys.

 
At 10/25/2005 4:36 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Mom's are amazing... and I've wondered the same thing. I've also wondered if/when I am a mom, will I ever be able to be that selfless?

Yeah I was a little scared by the intro, too. Very good attention getter.

 
At 10/25/2005 6:50 PM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

Mom's have the most important job in the world.

 
At 10/25/2005 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I wanted to dress up as a mom for WC this year. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home