Thursday, October 13

Coffee, red pants, and many words to read

Hello dear friends of mine. I have been drinking my morning coffee, sitting in my red pants. I am surrounded with stacks of books to study. It's ok, I don't have a class today, but I have many things to finish up before tomorrow. We are doing a research paper on The Tale of Two Cities, yeah our thesis statement is due tomorrow, and I have some reading to do. In Worldviews we are reading Sophie's World. I enjoy the book, so I am not going through torture this week, just unbearablely but enjoyable reading.
I was thinking about how great this weekend is going to be. For those of you who know what Fall Ministry is, that's what we will be doing this week. I am excited. I hope that all the teams get along really well and get a whole bunch done.
Ok well there isn't much more to say. I mean, I always have things to say, but most of them aren't of any importance. I do have a few things to share, they are very important, so listen well.

"A wise sone hearst his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke." Pro. 13:1

"Hope deferred maeks the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Pro. 13:12

"Poverty and disgrace come to him who ignores instruction, but whoever heeds reproof will is honored." Pro. 13:18

"A desire fulfilled is sweet to the soul, but to turn away from evil is an abonination to fools." Pro. 13:19
[I really like this one.]

As you can see I had trouble picking a Proverb of the day, so there are several. Be kind and gracious to all that you come in contact with today.

"The Kingdom Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." Matt. 13:44

6 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 11:21 AM, Blogger erudil said...

Becca, whenever you feel snowed under with all of your siblings, read this story.

 
At 10/13/2005 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Twas battered and scared, and the auctioneer
Thought it scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin,
But he held it up with a smile.
"What am I bidden, good folks," he cried,
"Who'll start bidding for me?
A dollar, a dollar - now who"ll make it two _
Two dollars, and who"ll make it three?


"Three dollars once, three dollars twice,
Going for three". . . but no!
From the room far back a gray-haired man
Came forward and picked up the bow;
Then wiping the dust from the old violin,
And tightening up the strings,
He played a melody,pure and sweet,
As sweet as an angel sings.


The music ceased and the auctioneer
With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said: "What am I bidden for the old violin?"
And he held it up with the bow;
"A thousand dollars - and who'll make it two?
Two thousand - and who'll make it three?
Three thousand once, three thousand twice
And going - and gone," said he.


The people cheered, but some of them cried,
"We do not quite understand -
What changed its worth?" The man replied:
"The touch of the masters hand."
And many a man with life out of tune,
And battered and torn with sin,
Is auctioned cheap to a thoughtless crowd.
Much like the old violin.


A "mess of pottage," a glass of wine,
A game and he travels on,
He's going once, and going twice -
He's going - and almost gone!
But the MASTER comes, and the foolish crowd,
Never can quite understand,
The worth of a soul, and the change that's wrought
By the touch of the MASTER'S hand.


~Myra B. Welch

 
At 10/13/2005 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal comment on this inspiring poem: I am that old violin. I've been touched by the Master and now I my worth is beyond that which money can buy. This is such a wonderful thing. Problem is, that violin still gets dropped. It still gets new scars. Yet, the Master is there to pick it up and even yet, a sweet and pure song comes from that old violin when it is played by the Master.

 
At 10/13/2005 6:05 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Beautiful.

 
At 10/13/2005 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the Master can always make a battered and scarred violin beautiful. In the Master's eyes we are as He is. It is in the eyes of the crowd, our eyes, that people are not as the Master makes them but as they are here in this fallen world...altogether unlovely.

 
At 10/14/2005 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was very true and very nicely worded Secondary Anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home