Monday, October 17

A Promise

"I have said these things to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 17:33 [said Jesus to His disciples before His death.]

This morning, remember that Jesus Christ says this to you. He takes you in His arms, and wispers that you will suffer many triulations. Then He looks you in the eyes and says, "But take heart; I have overcome the world." To hear Jesus say this to me was the most comforting thing this morning. I needed this promise. We all do, and it's beautiful.

I had a packed weekend. We traveled to Elkhart to unpack the Magill's truck and help the church out with some painting and such. I had a good time, but we were all worn out by the time we got home. I slept well last night.

This next week is going to be full of tasks and tribulations. I will uphold you all in prayer as you seek to "run the race that is set before you." Life is short, and who knows maybe Jesus will come back today?!

I will leave you with a Proverb of the day, and hope that you read this and are encouraged and inspired:

"He who covers an offence seeks love, but one who repeats a matter separates close friends."
Proverbs 17:9



2 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 9:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey darling... did you have fun at Fall ministry? Email me sometime.

 
At 10/18/2005 10:58 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I had a great time at Fall Ministry thanks for asking. It was a excellent weekend filled with many events and challenges.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home