Tuesday, November 15

An Ode to Milk



Oh how I love to drink,
Sometimes I don’t even think.
Milk with chocolate is grand.
It tastes nothing like sand.
Drinking is my favorite past time,
To the extent that it’s almost a crime.

Drinking is a habit everyone has.
If I drink too much I might spaz.
Sometimes I get a milk mustache.
Do you have a milk-stache?
It feels so good as it flows down my throat.
I really don’t want to drink the milk of a goat.

It’s good for my soul it’s good for my bones.
It satisfies even a small baby’s groans.
You can drink it warm, and you can drink it cold.
But it really tastes nasty when it gets old.
Oreos and milk, green eggs and ham,
I drink therefore I am.

Editor’s note: Written by the live poet’s association.

3 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 9:42 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Yay milk!

 
At 11/15/2005 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to have more regular meetings and write more ode's.

 
At 11/26/2005 11:15 PM, Blogger Deb said...

lol! Happened to come across your blog in 'recently updated', and I'm glad I did!!

I've done an ode to frozen yoghurt (http://the-bright-side.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_the-bright-side_archive.html)....I thought I was the only one that insane!!

milk rocketh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home