Wednesday, November 9

One more day...

Tomorrow I am taking a big step. Tomorrow I will obtain a small piece of plastic that will enable me to legally drive alone on the road. Tomorrow is just another day out of thousands, but tomorrow I will be able to do something I have looked forward to doing for sixteen years. Tomorrow is pretty much going to be one of the best days of my whole little life.

Now as far as today goes; it's not bad. I am just living along, trying not to miss my garden too much, trying to love life a bit. Actually today I got to work in my beloved garden barefooted. I had to reorganize some dirt and so it was very important that I take the opportunity to work out there with no shoes on. It will most defiantly be the last time I can do that this year, and for months after. *Argh* I have never been this emotionally attached to my garden, but this year the separation is almost unbearable. I did appreciate spending some time there this afternoon, but parting is such sweet sorrow. All the plants are gone now, and it's just me and the earth. Although there is a new addition. I have begun a compost pile. I am now basically obsessed with taking "helpful" things out to that little section devoted to developing fertile soil.

Ok I have a research paper to get done here, so I can't complain about missing my garden. Plus, it's a bit nerdy to be so emotionally tied to a garden. For the record I'm not complaining. I am anticipating with eager intensions. Yeah, much better.

Well, I hope that all of you have the greatest and best moments of your life just breathing and thanking God for all He has done. Really, when you think about it, we can't even begin to count the things He has done. We can start a list though. I will be up for a while, and you all can add. Everyone list as many things you can take the time to name, that God has given us.

Then smile really huge because we've got it pretty well off all things considered. Ok, try we are blessed beyond measure!

6 Comments:

At 11/09/2005 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it is not at all nerdy that you are emotinoally tied to a garden. For real, I'm emotionally tied to hat! In fact, it's a very old, tattered, smelly, extremely worn hat. An emotional tie to a garden is completely appropriate.

 
At 11/09/2005 7:04 PM, Blogger Becca said...

thank you, that means a lot John.

 
At 11/09/2005 10:21 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

He gave this day. He gave me loves. He has forgiven me. He gave shows me mercy. He gives me hope. He allows me to see some certain people's joyous smiles.

I'm on Hello. Off at 11:00.

 
At 11/09/2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Great list Jeremiah.

For warmish dark Novemeber nights.
For the hair on my head.
For coffee to drink.
For love.
For freedom.
For my incredible family.
For my amazing friends.
For my mind.
For my school.
For Christ blood to cover my sins.
For the Bible.
For life.

 
At 11/10/2005 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....I took your advice Rebekah. Galations was fantastic

 
At 11/10/2005 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becca - I'm SOOO glad to hear that you started a compost pile in your garden!!!! Now I don't have to "throw away" food at your house anymore! It will do wonders for you garden!!! :) flo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home