Tuesday, December 6

of beauty and of song

I hope that I have not discouraged any of you. I do not mean to in any way bring people down. I struggle with the sin of self pity. It's not a good thing to think that my struggles are too hard or too much. God only sets tasks before His children that are completeable. I have been busy, but life is wonderful. In an incredible sort of way the more I do the more I realize how little I can really do. I need so much help in so many things.

Encouraging things that have happened over the last two days that made me happy:
1. John Calvin came bounding into my room, gave me a huge smile and then wrapped me in his arms. Without a word I knew he loved me.
2. A sweet old lady pointed out to me this morning that I left my gloves in the cart.
3. Last night the little 3-year-old girl Rachel that I babysat said to me out of the blue, "Becca, you're very beautiful."

There are thousands of situations that make me smile everyday. If only I could write them all down and keep a book of happiness. Why not start a small book?! We could start right now...

3 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 11:30 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

I think you should! Go for it! "My Happy Book" by Rebekah A. Long

In response to what Rachel said: "Out of the mouth of babes." I can see what your reaction was even as I type.

~Miah~

 
At 12/08/2005 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is a good day to be alive.

 
At 12/11/2005 8:17 AM, Blogger erudil said...

This is the day God made, in it
We'll joy triumphantly.
Save now, I pray thee, Lord; I pray,
Send now prosperity.

Psalm 118:24-25

 

Post a Comment

<< Home