Monday, January 9

a good weekend and an even better week

I had a great weekend. Friday night I spent some quality time with my dear friend Valerie. It was wonderful to catch up and talk just the two of us for a while. Then I went to the guys basketball game and Marge and I get to drive there together by ourselves. This was officaily the first time that I had even been alone driving somewhere with Marge. It was great.
Saturday I had lunch with my good friend David Pulliam. We had a few discussions, naturally, but all in all it was an enjoyable experience. I am going to miss that guy when he goes to Taylor this year.
I just bought these really great garden books at the used book store. When I got home from lunch I read through them and got a whole bunch of new ideas for this spring. I also discovered while doing major research that I need to plant Raspberries in the early winter, so this weekend I did some planting and now I have a row of Raspberries in my garden. *hugely smiling*
Yesterday was an excellent day of worship.
I also have been thinking a lot about college again. I'm almost completely sure that I am going to be a nurse. I've been praying about it a lot and I know that my parents and dear friends have been praying about it too, and I think that's the way God wants to use me. I also found this really interesting school called North Park University of Chicago. Mom and I are going to go look at it this semester. For whatever reason I think that it's going be where I go. I could be really wrong, but... we shall see what God does.

Marian classes started today. I am glad to get back into school. I have so much to learn in so many ways. Remember how awesome God is today. Remember who you are. Remember that it's worth taking the time to care about people. Remember to love.

3 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 11:47 AM, Blogger Charity said...

Wow, college in Chicago? That would be exciting. I'm not sure how your family is going to get along without you, though. Man, everyone is growing up. It's sad sometimes. But it's all in God's plan.

Haha, I'm sure the "discussions" with David were very interesting. Hey congrats on driving with a friend! Sadly, I'll have to wait until I'm at least 17 to do that. :-( And by then, my friends will be driving, too. Beth will probably drive ME around before I can drive HER! Hehe that's a funny thought.

Have fun with your garden. And I'll try to keep those things in mind which you suggested. Every day, I am more thankful for the talks at WC. I have so many oppertunities to practice finding joy in the Lord!

 
At 1/09/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Charity said...

Oh and P.S. - I think you would make an excellent nurse, Becca! :-D

 
At 1/09/2006 11:35 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Glad you've had such a splendifferous weekend. Have a blessed week.

As for being a nerd, you've told me this plenty of times before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home