Friday, March 31

God is so Good

It's it a beautiful day? Yes, everyone said that yesterday was unbelieveable. It was wonderous yesterday, but why not today? The rain fell from heaven, and I feel cared for. I forgot to water my garden yesterday, so my Righteous Father did it for me.

As I grow up there are more and more situations where I didn't handle something as I should have, and my parents step in and take care of it for me. When we were little that wasn't a deal because that was their job. I took their care for granted. Now, as I begin to feel responsible for all the things going on in my life, I am so thankful that they are here for me to turn to for much needed help. I love you Mom and Dad.

I get to spend the weekend with my dear cousin Flo Faris. We are so excited. It has been months since I have spent time with her just for the sake of spending time with her. Oh, it's going to be marvelous! Flo and I have been best buds since we were little people. She is four days twenty hours and thirty minutes older than me (or five days if you want to be boring) and we have the best of times together. Needless to say I am going to have a great weekend, and I hope that you all do too.

I have been thinking about my life, and I have been thinking about how easy it is to be encouraged. When a random stranger greets me with true concern and compassion I am so touched. Then, I always wonder why they did that. So I was thinking, I want to be the encouraging stranger. I want to be a woman who is kind and gracious to all people. I want to be an approachable stranger who always has a smile, and always has an answer for the hope that is within me. I want people to ask, to beg, for the answer because it's so evident that I do not hope in what the world hopes it. There are so many hurting people in this world. I am called to love them. I am called to lay aside all differences, and love them. Really love them, with patience and kindness and hope and truth. I am called to give up this egocentrical mindset that we are all born with, and focus on other people. My focus is God. My God is love. Therefore, the logical conclusion would be my focus is love. I forget this truth so often. I selfishly walk through the store with a "don't talk to me" face. I think that it's ok to be in a "bad mood". Upon reflection Jesus was never in a bad mood. True, He wasn't always smiling hugely and "happy." Yet, He was always ready to help. He was always compassionate. He always loved. Oh, that I would be like Him.

Plus, it's not just the world that needs encouraged. Christian need help too. Our lives should be a reason for our brothers and sister to praise and thank God. (John 14.) Oh, let us be like Him. He who gave so much for nothing. He didn't love those who loved Him. He loved us. We were unloveable. So often I think that I shouldn't "put myself out" for an ungrateful person. I shouldn't "waste" my time. Then I think, isn't it because Jesus "put Himself out" and "wasted" His time that I have hope and life?

Yeah... all this to say reread I John and be inspired to love as Jesus loves. It's worth the effort and the pain because He loves you, and asked you to love. For isn't that all He asks of us. To love? Shouldn't we be scrambling to do His every bidding.

4 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becca, that was a beautiful post! You've encouraged me already in my day today! :- I woke up to a cold and rainy day...at least on this side of the world. Ah, but what do you know! Now the sun is peaking through the clouds and I know it's going to be a happy day - no matter what the weather. I love reading your blog, Becca, because you are always so full of love and joy for the Lord. :-) I hope you and Flobie have a WONDERFUL time together! I am jealous, though... well just in the sense that I miss her a ton! Oh and it is true that I, also, have often taken my parent's care for me for granted. I really don't know how they do it...and at times thinking about 'growing up' and being on my own kind of scares me... Well, my weekend should be pretty good. I'm hoping to go bowling tonight with our friends Casey and Matt. Yeah, I'm terrible at bowling, but that's not gonna stop me from having a grand time! :-) Keep up the encouraging posts, Becca!

 
At 4/01/2006 9:43 PM, Blogger Katie said...

What a great reminder! So often I walk through the halls at school and forget that I can and should smile at people! It brightens my day when someone smiles at me. One of the things that really stood out to me during the last winter conference, besides the wonderful lectures and everything else God taught me while there, was how encouraged I felt when you were so friendly towards me!

 
At 4/02/2006 10:08 PM, Blogger erudil said...

And what a blessing it is to be forever under the care of a loving, all-knowing, and all-powerful God! As I lay in the emergency rooms and in the ambulance and helicopter, the two things that bore me up were the assurance of God's control and assurance that, regardless of what was wrong with me, my story will end with æternal bliss in heaven, praising God forever!

 
At 4/03/2006 9:37 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey girly... I missed you at church, but I hope you were having a fabulous time with Flobie. When do you want to get together this week? either just the two of us or a group of people.
Love you and I am praying for you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home