Sunday, August 28

a beautiful Lord's Day morning

Some may not agree with me, but fog is gorgeous. My little brothers woke me up at seven this morning, and we don't have to go into the details on all that, just know it wasn't as horrid as it could have been. As I stumbled around our room trying to find a big sweatshirt, I was taken aback. The world didn't glisten in the morning dew. Nor did she sigh with a wearying rain. The world looked as if she had been crying, and her eyes were misting under a delicate veil.


There is something mysterious about fog. Mom thinks it's a bad sort of mystery, and maybe she is right. I don't look at it that way though. Fog is better seen as a secret. A calm secret, because it's in no hurry to get anywhere or tell anything. It simply settles quietly over the world hiding many things, having many secrets. It's almost necessary to whisper on a misty morning such as this. For it seems that one might disturb something reverent if one attempts to shout or even use a normal volume of voice.

I think it's appropriate for it to be this way on God's day. Almost reminds me of the thick curtain that hid His glory in the Holy of Holies. He destroyed the curtain centuries ago, but it is good to be reminded of the way He has worked throughout History. Also, there is something very spiritual about worshipping our Creator in a fog. As if there was no one and nothing else in the whole world but me and my King.

Well I haven't posted in a while, and that is not really because I have had nothing to say, but rather I was scared that all that I had to say was all that I have been saying for the last week. Thankfully, I am in the healing process for real this time. God has seen fit to begin to slowly recover my skin and body from an odd virus that has destroyed us. Thanks for caring and praying, it was very encouraging.

This morning I will be at worship. I need to go prepare for that. It will be a good week. I just know it; maybe the fog is getting to me.
*just-happy-because-He-lives, smile*

5 Comments:

At 8/28/2005 8:15 AM, Blogger erudil said...

Psalm 41

(3) The LORD sustains him on his bed
Of sickness and of pain.
And from his bed You make him rise;
He will his health regin.

(4) Now as for me, I said, "O LORD,
Have mercy on my soul.
Because against You I have sinned,
Restore and make me whole.

(11) And thus I am sustained by You
To be complete and well,
And in Your presence evermore
You make me safely dwell.

(12) The LORD, the God of Israel,
Be blessed and blessed again
From age to everlasting age. Amen, and still Amen.

 
At 8/28/2005 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because I think you should be more careful as you drive in the fog doesn't mean I do not like fog. There is nothing like a fog over a lake in the early morning.

 
At 8/28/2005 11:18 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

The fog was amazing this morning. I loved walking in it. You're just walking inside a cloud. The damp mist that lies upon you as you walk through it. It was so calm, quiet... Tranquil...

 
At 8/29/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Charity said...

That was a beautiful post, Becca. I've never thought about fog like that... lovely way to, though. :-) I'm glad you're doing better again. Now if only Beth and Kez could completely heal...

 
At 9/04/2005 10:36 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I love fog! It is so beautiful!
Have you ever read Fog Magic? It's about a girl who was fascinated by the mystery of the fog and through the fog was somehow able to time travel to a village that no longer existed. It is an interesting children's novel that recognizes, though not to God's glory, the mysteriousness of fog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home