Thursday, August 25

hey guys

I believe the worst is over. I mean that I just feel better. I don't look too much better, that is because the rash hasn't changed, and if it has it's gotten worse since yesterday. Nonetheless, I am not as tired and my body has more strength to face the day. Thank you all again for being great freinds, I don't know what I would so without you. I am confident that your prayers have helped me struggle through this strange virus and encouraged my spirit unawares.

I have my second class at Marian today. I am taking English Comp. and I really enjoy; well, the one class I have had of it, I should say.

Ok so let's chat about something other than school. As much as I love studying and school and things such as this, I believe there are other things to focus on. You know, we haven't played a game on my comments in a while. Ok, this time you have to write three things that have brightened your say thus far. It can be simple things that happen almost everyday, or it can be a huge event that happened a week ago that was so great that it's very memory brings a smile to you face. Now, I limit it to three because then if you think of three more you can get back on and share more joys. That is not all. You must also write one nice thing about your mom. Yes, it's true we don't say enough nice things about the women who have cared for us since before we were even born into this world. They are incredible people, and we should recognize it more often. Ok, I will be the first to comment on my blog, because I am so excited about this. People that are reading this and don't want to play, please do. Remember that you are reading a sick girls blog and it may very well be one of the three things that brighten her day when she nexts comments.

Blessed beyond measure.
~Rebekah

14 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 9:44 AM, Blogger Becca said...

- I took a Aveeno oatmeal bath for my rash, and it was wonderful.

- I had beautiful dreams last night, and they put me in an excellent frame of mind for the day.

- I am just brightened by the hope that is within me. I am getting better, and what's better is that I am redeemed.

My Mom is unreal. She puts us kids before herself every moment of her day. I can't thank her enough. Love you Mom.

 
At 8/25/2005 11:33 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

- I had donuts for breakfast, something we never have!

- I have Spanish today, I'm so excited! :)

- I've been singing all morning, which always makes me happy!

My Mom is so awesome! She strives after God with her whole heart, and wants me to do the same thing! I love you Mom.

 
At 8/25/2005 6:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Well... I love that you are doing games again. I had a surprisingly fun day. It was my first day of school so I wasn't sure how it would be.
-getting emails from friends.
-having a funny old guy for my logic professor
-having a good attitude.(I know that we choose our attitudes or whatever, but it was just brightening to be happy today!)
-Oh it was also fun to see peeps I knew at school

I have really been realizing how special my mom truly is lately. I guess right now I love that she can handle me! Not an easy task. I love that she gives me advice even though she is never sure how I will respond.

 
At 8/25/2005 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/25/2005 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/25/2005 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/25/2005 8:26 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I talked to a friend I hadn't seen in a while.

I took a long walk.

I was emailed some pictures of a cute baby I already love but haven't seen in person yet.

In my humble opinion my mom is the best person in the world. I would not be where I am today if it were not for her amazing example in my life.

 
At 8/25/2005 8:48 PM, Blogger erudil said...

What was with the deleted comments - were they offensive?

• I met several more Eagle Scouts.
• I attended a pleasant entertainment this evening.
• I found an important paper that I thought was missing.
• When I arrived here on Tuesday, Mom made my bed and arranged a lot of my things, although I had expected that I would have to do them myself.

 
At 8/25/2005 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/25/2005 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/25/2005 11:37 PM, Blogger Becca said...

thank you all for commenting. It truly made me happier. No Nathaniel, I just am getting tired of the impersonal comments from random companies.

I am going to bed now.

 
At 8/26/2005 10:26 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Your mom is the coolest. Well besides my mom, of course! ;-) I am praying for you Becca...along with your whole family. It's gotta be tough for you all right now with everyone sick. I really hope you all get well very soon! God is awesome and sufficient and I'm sure He'll bring this all for the good. And the rest of us will be happy to have you guys back to 'normal'...whatever that is in the Long household! ;-)

 
At 8/26/2005 10:46 PM, Blogger erudil said...

In case you've not noticed: Blogger has a new development that you can put in if you want, whereby you can prevent "spam comments".

 
At 8/27/2005 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

~Right now I am listening to the "Forest Gump theme" playing from my younger sisters' room. It's such a beautiful song and reminds me of my sister's wedding.

~I painted my room last week for the first time in six years. It's a very pretty deep purple/wine color

~Having my new niece, Nora Kathryn Shipp,fall asleep on me while I was holding her. I going to miss her so much, I won't see her again until Christmas.A bittersweet memory but wonderful none the least.

My mom is wonderful and does so much for me. I esp. want to thank her for painting the trim in my room. (I know it wasn't easy, and got rather frusterating, but it looks great.)

~Kaitlyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home