Saturday, September 17

a good life

Well I'm just taking life as it comes. I feel as though I am swimming a river, and I need to get to a far off destination. It's like I could exert myself with every ounce of my being, but then at night, when I sleep on the bank, I would be so exhausted. I am more vulnerable to the harmful things around me. Whereas, when I sorta try to just stand in the river, and not go one way or the other, there's no progression away from the evil around me. The final option is to let the water carry me to wherever it will. That's of course not really an option for me as a Christian girl. The river of life and of culture, it pushes at me. When I swim my hardest, that's when the cruel things of the night will be most tempted to attack me. It's when I pour out my heart for the work God has before me, that I am the most protected, and in the dangerous of situations. It's when I just "live my life" not pushing against the waves, not exerting my being, it's in times such as these, that I am not honoring my Savior the way I ought.

We all have a river to swim. The question doesn't lie in where you are going to go; near as much as it lies with how much are you willing to give to get there. When we know that Heaven is the destination, we should fight with passionate energy. When we are tired we can remember to rest on the Rock. That's right, God calls Himself the Rock all throughout the Psalms, and it is in times of total exhaustion, that the analogy begins to be real. The idea of casting our cares upon the Rock is really awesome. I picture a poor servant girl in a worn water logged dress. She's barely alive, and her body heaves as her tired lungs scream for air. She is cast on a rock, high and lifted up. She is depending on that rock for her very survival. It's this type of a picture that should be us everyday. God wants us to give so much of ourselves to His work, that we have to learn over and over again how to trust Him for the energy to live the next moment.

Have a wonderful weekend guys. I am having one, and it's great.

1 Comments:

At 9/17/2005 5:24 PM, Blogger erudil said...

As we see in the parable of the talents, God doesn't care what we achieve with what he gives us; he cares about how faithfully we serve him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home