Monday, September 12

hey guys

This morning my mother is taking Anna, Beth and Kez to go visit our great-grandma. She is ninty-four and lives alone in a little house in Ohio. Luke, Jabob and I will be holding fort around her till she gets back. I would be going with them, because I normally do, but I have to work the afternoon shift at work today.

I've made much progress in my garden this week. I took out most the sod I needed gone, and all that's left to do is clear our some weeds and junk. I'm excited about planting my bulbs, but I am going to wait until I know it will frost soon, if I don't, they may decide to pop up before spring which would be horrid.

Actually I got on this bush- removing kick, and took out eight more bushes on Saturday. They weren't even next to my garden. My mom just wanted them out, and so, out they came. Yeah, I feel pretty proud of myself.

This week will be... normal as far as weeks go. I mean that, I work a little at CFA. I work a little at the Michaels. I do a bunch of school. It's just going to be a packed week, and I am excited about getting tons of things done. Odd things may occure which make it an abnormal week, but at the moment I cannot foresee any such occurances.

Ok some of you may be wondering about that "fall" post I wrote a week ago. Yeah, you prolly aren't wondering, but I need to explain something. Five and a half years ago, my grandma, who we called Nonnie, died of brain tumors. She lived with us for the two years that she was on treatment. They did surgery to remove the first ones, and she was "better" for a year and half or so, but than she got them again and God took her home. She really liked fall. She really liked all the seasons, but fall I think was her favorite. At least, when fall came she would soak in all the colors and the scents that are unique to fall. She planted bulbs with me in our lawn, and we would talk about how they would be flowers in spring. Spring was her favorite season when it came around :) I guess, I just wanted to talk about her. I learned a lot from Nonnie, and I miss her. It's mean almost six years since I talked with her about the leaves changing colors, and it's just sad. The best part is, I am completely convinced that when I get to Heaven, she will be there, and she will give me a huge hug and we will both bow down and adore the Lamb. If it's possible to make Heaven a sweeter place, it is, just because I know I will see her there.

Ok, so all of you who are wondering why I feel this great need to share that, it's weird I just do. You don't need to say, "I'm sorry, that must be hard." Or anything like that. Death is an unnatural part of life that we all have to get used to be because it happens. We all have to handle death at some point, and I just want to say it's ok to talk about it sometimes. It's ok to miss people. Nonnie was a really special woman, and I am so glad God wished her to live with us for two years. I wouldn't have miss that for the world. In the midst of all her suffering she was established in the Word of God, and clung to His promises. She loved us kids so much, and we loved her too.

I have some school and chores to get to. I encourage you though, before I sigh off, to appreciate the beauty around you. The dew droplets that may be annoying because they get your shoes soaking, are precious gems sent from heaven to make the fallen world a bit more loveable. The leaves are slowly beginning to change their color, and it's a masterpeice to see how may shades can be on one tree. There is God's beauty reflected in the most obscure life, but when you chose to see it, you will live well.

7 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 5:02 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

hey i had a great time at my great grandma's. She is so funny. Well i have to go

 
At 9/12/2005 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death is the comencement into eternity.

 
At 9/12/2005 9:40 PM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

Actually death is a natural occurance that most people don't like to take. good point about talking about death though. Most people are afraid of talking about death because it seems a little weird, but talking about losing someone you lost helps.

 
At 9/12/2005 10:34 PM, Blogger Becca said...

David, you are very wrong and very right. Death is a curse. It's very unnatural, it's something that God did not first creat humans to have to experience. Our souls are immortal David, and our bodies were meant to be, we sinned and now death is our fate. You are right though that most are afraid of it. It's also true that talking about someone who we've lost really helps.

 
At 9/14/2005 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does Becca seem to tell David that he's wrong a lot. :)

 
At 9/14/2005 9:43 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's just you!!!

 
At 9/14/2005 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same sentence said he was right a lot. Are we a little sensitive?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home