Wednesday, January 18

the snow is beautiful

Ok, I wasn't really wanting it to snow again, but God changed my mind. Driving home from class today was one of the most breath-taking moments of my year. Yes yes it has only been 18 days since the year began (by the way happy 1/6th birthday Johnny Bo, and happy birthday to David tomorrow), but there have been a number of moments that have taken my breath away, and the thick snow placed thickly on the hundreds of bushes and trees. Snow has a way of winning my heart. I really didn't want to fall for it's beauty because I was mad at it. See, some of my bulbs are coming up, and the snow may ruin them, and so I didn't want it to snow. Alas, I found that my attitude was quickly transformed when I glanced outside last night. It's hard to stay mad at something so innocent.
Snow can make the world look pure.
Jesus said that when He saves us hearts look like a land a blanket of snow gracefully wrapped upon it. It's breath-taking.

5 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Charity said...

The snow was very beautiful, but also scary to drive in last night. God kept us safe, though.

 
At 1/18/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Steve said...

It is awesome. However, I think it is a little ridiculous, like a couple days ago it was 60 and then all the sudden I'm driving in 2 inches of snow. I'd have to say that I have not been very excited about the snow this year, this morning I was late for class... I guess that is the problem with being too busy, you don't have time to enjoy the beauty.

 
At 1/18/2006 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Luke! I do agree w/ Steve though. For real, I was sat outside in a hot tub on Monday for three hours and I jumped into Geist! Now, there is 3 inches of snow. I don't get Indiana, but whatevs.

 
At 1/18/2006 8:15 PM, Blogger Jen said...

PEOPLE! :) I hear you, but honestly... the snow was BEAUTIFUL! I was happy for it... hope you all had time to stop and enjoy the beauty.

 
At 1/19/2006 2:12 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

I love the mornings when there is fresh snow in the yards and in the trees. It's absolutely beautiful. I took a couple pictures onces while driving, but they were all blurry...

I wish I wasn't so busy this morning. I would've taken pictures then. *sigh* Tiss a beautiful world God created.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home