Friday, March 3

prayer

Something I am learning lately is that prayer is powerful. When I pray for something, God hears me, and He answers. Now, often times He says no. Often times He says wait. More times than I realize He says yes. Sometimes His yes is not in the same form I expect it to be in, so I misinterpret it. It is a misfortune indeed, for it's a blessing to realize that God answers prayer first hand.
I am learning that I need to be careful in what I pray for, because prayer is a powerful tool, and it's not to be messed with. When I pray I talk with God. God. When I pray I approach the throne room of Heaven and I ask our Father to grant the desires of my heart. Some are small and some are large, but that is what I do when I pray. He has promised that when I pray in the name of Jesus He is sure to hear me, and to consider what I have to say, and to consider what His Son has made me to be, and to consider what the Holy Spirit interprets on my behalf, and then He has promised to grant my requests. Now, when I abide in Jesus (John 15) and in His Word then the desires of my heart or the requests of my mouth should match God's will. It is through the Bible that I learn how to pray for God's will. It is from abiding in Jesus that I learn how to desire His will above anything I could think up. That is why Jesus says that when we abide in Him and His Word abides in us we can ask whatever we wish and it will be done for us.
Moses talked with God in a way that I cannot even understand. Exodus 33 tells us that Moses spoke with God the way that a man talks with his friend. When I read the prayers of Moses it blows me away; I long to have the kind of relationship that Moses had with God. The awesome part is, that through depending on God for all things, He will make me more and more like Jesus and more and more acceptable in His sight. I will and do find favor. It's really awesome.
These are a few of the things I am learning.

1 Comments:

At 3/03/2006 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing about what God is teaching you! He is truly the Great Teacher. Keep learning. I am praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home