Thursday, August 23

I'm Here!

Dearest friends and family, I am sitting at my new desk using my new laptop listening to my new roommate try to settle down for bed. It's been a day unlike any other. We woke up around 3:20 to get out here by 10. We made it and the trip was lovely. I truly do enjoy the trek from good old Indy out to PA. I know the drive will get annoying at times because of the time it requires, but I like the quality time I got to spend with Mom and Bethy this morning.

Unpacking was an adventure. I had shared that I was a bit concerned about the whole roommate/living in a dorm deal. God has been pleased to give us a great start together. The room is small, but we have managed to fit in here without too much fuss.

We did have a bit of trouble with my hangup clothes and new body pillow. A very helpful girl took them to the wrong room. After five hours of close to endless searching I found my lovely clothes in a pile in the hallway. Thank the Lord they are not lost forever.

Beth and Mom helped me move in, and did a incredible job dealing with a not-too-perfect me. they are the best. I love you. Goodbyes came sooner than we thought they should. I cried. We all did. It's a part of life, for us anyway. I am going to be ok, but it's still hard to grip the fact that I am here to stay.

I took a brief nap and then went to pick up my new and wonderful tablet PC. I'm very impressed with the little guy. We've been having tons of fun together.

Tonight we had a graffiti dance. We all signed each other shirts with markers and some of us danced. It was crazy but fun. Alex, Jenna and I left early. I took a quick run and then enjoyed a cold shower. We don't have AC so any coolness I can get is delightful.

I'm excited about all of this, but it is overwhelming. Thanks for all your prayers.

3 Comments:

At 8/24/2007 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kez and I are enjoying some peaceful moments before we wake up the troops.

I'm glad you found your clothes. Did you tell your RA? What floor were they on? I think I checked every room in the dorm.

I am sure I will look for you more than once around the house today. And have to realize all over again you are gone. The mind is a funny thing.

I'm glad everything went so well yesterday. God is good!!!

Love, Mom

 
At 8/25/2007 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Joneses are praying for you and your family. All of us at CYPU will miss you and your great leadership; but, in a way, we are glad that God has moved you to a new place on your (His) Way. Thanks, and God Bless!
-ben

 
At 8/25/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm glad that move-in has gone well! Keep looking to God and praising Him! I'm praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home