Wednesday, August 22

I'm not ready for this

Today is my last official day living at home. From here on out I will have a foot here in Indiana and one out in PA. I am basically packed. I have a large pile next to the door reminding me that in a few hours we will be on the road and I won't be coming home for a while.

Everyone has been wonderful. I have received a few presents and tons of hugs from friends and family. Jerusha keeps promising that she will figure out a way to come live with me. Keziah asked me not to cry.

How am I supposed to close such a long and consistent chapter of life? How am I supposed to say goodbye to the twelve people I love most? How am I supposed to transition from big sis to lonely freshman? The only answer I have to give myself is: God.

God will be with me. He will watch out for me and teach me how to adjust to life on a college campus. I am eager to learn. I am eager to take this step. It's just hard.

I will keep you all posted. It's dinner time.

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2007 9:50 PM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

Just think of it this way, you're not saying goodbye for a long time, just a life time. You still have an eternity with them. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home