Tuesday, August 28

Somethings True

I've been a little bit sad lately. I have gotten overwhelmed with the people here, and not having any dear friends to talk with on campus. I've been frusterated with the thought that I am spending the next three years here studying. I have missed home. Today, God took me by the hand and gave me a graious gift. He met my needs sevenfold. Dr. Mackey is my Education professor and today he reminded me of all the things that I know are true. He is more passionate about teaching kids then anyone I have ever met. He pointed out that we are going to face hard times. The Devil will tempt us to be depressed and upset, but he reminded us that we are here to serve God here and now. Here are some quotes... somethings true:

"What God taught you in the light don't doubt in the dark."

"Right now God has called you to prepare for His service. Don't get weary in well doing. Our hearts may be sensitive to the kids in Africa, but at the moment God wants you here to learn."

"There's always enough time to do the things you have to do."

"When God set out to change the world by saving His people, He sent a teacher."

"Learn to have your heart broken over the things that break God's heart."

"You must teach from the overflow of a full life."

"You earn the right to be heard when you show them how much you care."

Needless to say I smiled through the entire class. I smiled all the way through lunch. It was beautiful to be reminded why I'm here. I am so excited. I will be looking forward to this class all semester.Thank you Lord.

2 Comments:

At 8/29/2007 11:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Becca!!
I haven't heard from you since camp! So I thought I might post on your blog.
To say "Hey!"

TTYL
K10

 
At 9/06/2007 7:50 PM, Blogger Rachel Marie said...

"Learn to have your heart broken over the things that break God's heart."

Amen! May that be my own heart's prayer!

I appreciated reading your profile, Rebecca! I am the oldest of soon-to-be 10 children, and am a homeschool graduate of 2006. :)

I love coffee, too, and am afraid that I also drink too much. :D
I think you'd really appreciate visiting the following web-a-zine that a close friend of mine recently started for young ladies seeking Jesus:
www.brittneyleigh.wordpress.com

Keep seeking HIM! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home