Tuesday, May 31

the family

Things I Know (the poem version)

I know when a cake is done baking.
I know when my little sister is faking.
I know how to plant little peas in a row.
I know to be kind, for Christ's light will then show.
I know how to act on a stage under lights.
I know what to say when kids are in fights.
I know that my parents are here to listen.
I know that love makes a person worth missin.
I know how to make a nice meal for 13.
I know if I'm wise, good things I will gleen.
I know prayer is something we should all do more.
I know someday I'll see His face, and not help but adore.
I know that school is here for more then just learning.
I know when I'm content my heart goes on yearning.
I know I am loved, and perhaps that is best.
I know Christ died, for me, who would have guested.
I know so many things sometimes it makes me sob.
I know that I hate more than anything, the name Bob.
I know how to give a speech that makes people qwuiver.
I know that there is nothing better to be than a giver.
I know when all else fails it's ok to cry,
I know this is too long, so I will say goodbye.



What do you know?

15 Comments:

At 5/31/2005 11:41 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

That's an awesome poem Becca. Truely. I'm amazed. Bravo!

 
At 6/01/2005 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poem was great, but I can't resist...I really don't think that guested is a word. I think you meant guessed.

;-)

 
At 6/01/2005 12:54 AM, Blogger Becca said...

My mother already pointed that out to me thank you. I thought about editing it, and perhaps I will, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

 
At 6/01/2005 7:00 AM, Blogger erudil said...

Very nice indeed!

 
At 6/01/2005 9:42 AM, Blogger Steve said...

I'll be the first to admit I know something

I know that the world is probably round
I know that it might be fun to surf the waves of sound
I know I am heaven bound
I know that the world turns
I know that the sun burns
I know many things I may never learn
I know for God my spirit yearns
I know that we must accept facts by faith
I know fish don't always take the bait
I know it is easy to be safe
I know my life it may take
I know most won't relate
I know they'll never know the bliss
I know the point many may miss
I know some things are well worth the risk
I know many know more
I know this is probably a bore
I know I'm loved by the Lord
I know that is who I should live for
I know this is really a bore
I know the numbers on the clock
I know I better stop

 
At 6/01/2005 10:57 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

*clap* *clap* to both Becca and Steve... you are both talented poets! :)

 
At 6/01/2005 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone should devote an entire post to advertise Sarah's new blog at http://spulliam.blogspot.com

 
At 6/01/2005 11:55 AM, Blogger Becca said...

a voice from heaven????
you are a straaange lil girl.
you have my pity.

 
At 6/01/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Becca said...

that was lukeee above

 
At 6/01/2005 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I just want you to know that I know things, but not in poetical form. So props to you for being so artistic, but I shall channel my artistic talents elsewhere.

 
At 6/02/2005 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Steve,

Nice poem. How can you "know the world is probably round"? It is either probably round, or you know it is round. You can't know that something is probably something. Sorry, I'm too critical. I couldn't resist.

;-)

 
At 6/02/2005 6:58 AM, Blogger Steve said...

hmmmm, I've seen pictures but who knows, they could be fake. until I actually travel around the world and come back to the place I started at, I will not be sure that it is round. It is one of those facts that I accept by faith based on what other people tell me.

 
At 6/02/2005 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too bad you don't like the name Bob. I hate it when people make fun of that name.

 
At 6/02/2005 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your poem. I sent it on to a few people, I hope you don't mind. It has the power to lighten a heavy heart.

 
At 6/03/2005 9:29 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Thank you all for the encouragment, Mom especailly.

Bob, I am sorry. I didn't want to offend anyone. It's just that a couple poems back I mentioned you, and I needed to make about point in this one. I apologize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home