Monday, June 20

I Will Maintain

The title of a very interesting book that Mr. Pulliam is requiring us to read for his summer homework. Normally I do not appreciate books that are focused on the politics of old. There are so many names to remember, and so many titles to keep straight. Alas, it is my duty to read this monster of a book, and read it I am.

I must say that I enjoy it much more then I would have expected. Honestly I burn with compassion for the ill Price of Orange. I do not think he is right in all causes, but I understand his position and wish I somehow could have helped him. When I read tales of true people who had little or no human friend or companion in whom to place their deepest trust; it hurts me inside. It is those people, that I almost excuse from doing wrong. I do understand that their crime is just as sinful as that of a loved child, but... the compassion that we are all called to have on people, it makes me want to help the lost and lonely.

To get back to the book, or perhaps not. I don't know. I comprehend what is going on I just don't really care too greatly of the things that matter so very much to all the nobles and "Mynheers". I wish that the men would get over the grievances and learn to just, somehow live in a utopia. Ok, very aware that can't happen. I don't know. Often times I wonder why the last day has not come yet? Though, the question is in my mind no less than a moment when I am convicted with the realization that I am called to witness, and not to ponder. "No one knows the day nor the hour that the Son will return, only the Father Himself." Who am I to argue. I must obey.

Well, if you see any lonely and forlorn princes about, please have them contact me. I am in a desperate need to counsel such a person before it's too late. Thanks again.

2 Comments:

At 6/21/2005 8:01 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Aw, you just missed him. He stopped in Chick-fil-A yesterday in need of some council. I helped him after somebody said that "Jeremiah is better than Dr. Phill and free." So I reluctantly helped him (What?! I was supposed to be working!)

Anywho, I promise, next one is yours. ;) heh

I'd say "I understand" but I don't even know the character's situation. =/

 
At 6/22/2005 6:49 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Very funny Jeremaih.

No, last night I fell asleep on the couch and now I feel rather... better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home