Wednesday, June 8

A Productive Day

I have worked on all the things that I needed to work on today. I didn't get everything done, but I didn't expect to. I just worked until I could and than moved on. Anyways, I just get so excited when I see little progresses in my life. It's a good thing.

So I was thinking about a whole bunch of stuff lately. When I work in the garden and such all alone, it's a perfect opportunity to contemplate all the deep things in my head and heart.

I just want to make a statement that we all need to think about, including me:

Why can't people just do what they know is right.

Perhaps you don’t' think that is a very deep though. Or maybe you already have your classic Sunday school answer ready. I am not talking about answers though. I want you to think about it. I mean, how often do you know what you should be doing? And how often is it what you are doing. I mean, not just doing like actions, but doing like that thoughts, and the feelings and the daily things in your life. You know? I fail miserably so don't feel like I am accusing you all and not taking blame for myself.

Regardless life goes on. I continue to do the things I wish I wouldn't, and I know I shouldn't. I continue to not do the things that would good for me to do. It's not like I sit around doing the worse things possible, but rather I could always be doing better, and I don't.

Ok I know this may be hard to follow because I am that sometimes. Please just bear with me, and if you would rather just not... than don't. I will never know.

I have a huge day tomorrow. I will not be able to post until late. Please don't miss me too much guys... and keep loving life.

7 Comments:

At 6/08/2005 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know what I am doing. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--Through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I, of myself, in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Romans 7:15-25

So, the last paragraph is what is really exciting. Here on earth we have a sinful nature and are slaves to sin, but those of us who are redeemed are slaves in our mind to God's law. So it that kind of stinks that we still have a sinful nature and all. However, when we leave this earth we will no longer be slaves to sin, but servants of the Almighty. It's pretty exciting stuff really.

Anyway, I saw you thoughts on your blog and thought that this passage applied. Look at this as a positive thing, not a negative thing.

John
Magill
;-)

 
At 6/09/2005 7:31 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Those verses were running through my mind as I wrote that post. I didn't write them out because I often feel like I post all these verses and people think... well I guess it shouldn't matter what people think. Thank you John for writing them out for us

 
At 6/09/2005 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pleasure. :-D

 
At 6/09/2005 3:18 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

We talked about this earlier Becca at work, so you know, Christ is our Savior. He fills in all our gaps of imperfection. No matter what good we do, we can't make it to Heaven. So we trust in Him.

Romans 7 came to my mind also.

 
At 6/09/2005 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part of why people do not do the right thing is because they are afraid of being hurt. You can help a stranger out and if they turn on you oh well. But to pour yourself into a friend or another person from the body of Christ you are taking a greater chance because they have a greater potential to really hurt you. But alas we are called to love one another, not in the safe arms length way, but in the put your arm around them and how are you doing way. And it can be painful but in the midst of the pain knowing Christ is pleased with your efforts you can smile and say it was worth it.

 
At 6/09/2005 8:03 PM, Blogger SaraY said...

I agree with "Someone". I think another reason, for me at least, is that I know I can "get away with" not doing the right thing, and it's easier or more fun (in the moment) to do the wrong thing. Just another evidence of our human natures...:-)

 
At 6/14/2005 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes right and wrong aren't always clear for each individual

 

Post a Comment

<< Home