Tuesday, June 14

A Tuesday's Look at LIfe

It is Tuesday. I am glad that one more day has past, and that I am that much closer to all the things that I am looking forward to. Here is a count down of all the cool things happening to us/me this summer :
1. Luke and Beth Get Home from ECHO 2 days (tomorrow June 15)
2. Margaret and I Leave for Worldviews Camp 12 days (June 26)
3. Covfamikoi Starts 25 days (July 9)
4. A Conoe Trip for people about 35 days (not sure on the date)
5. School starts again *gasp* 68 days

It's not that I don't have other things going on in my life besides these five, it's just that they are the things I am excited enough about to count down to. Ok the school one isn't that exciting, but it helps me emotionally prepare for the start of my junior year.

I am going to work in about half an hour. I work today from 11-2, and it's not that I like... don't appresiate work, I am happy I have a job and such, ... I suppose I need to focus on the possitive. I am very happy that God provided another way for me to make money and keep busy this summer. Although I still watch Isaac and Andrew when ever Cathy works, that is only like 3-6 time a month, which isn't that great.

Also, we really need to get more people engaged in our church. I am on a mission. Ok, not really, but I do want more pratice being the wedding coordinator's assistent. Amy said that perhaps in about a year I can go solo. I was so excited. She is going to lend me books and such to read about planning weddings. I don't think I will ever be professoinal, but I do think it would be really really cool to like have a little side business at church, the way Amy does.

I took Alergy medicine this morning, but it isn't working. I hate the fact that I have been getting hay fever 24/7 all spring/summer. *argh* I am sick of it. Get it, sick of it. hehe.

Ok I need to go get in my nerdy work outfit. Thanks for listening to my rants and raves. Sometime soon I will write an encouraging and inspiring post. Until than, sorry you have to put up with this.

~Rebekah

11 Comments:

At 6/14/2005 9:42 AM, Blogger Sarah Pulliam said...

Don't ever wish for people to get engaged. It might come true. You'll soon find your friends married and gone.

 
At 6/14/2005 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so we got here in the DR safe and sound last night. All is going well. We went snorkeling (sp?) on a small corral reef this morning and it was amazing. I wished that I had bought an under-water camera. Does anybody have any special requests? (i.e. cigars, coffee, beer, weapons. You know, cool stuff you can't get in the U.S.) Anyway, you all take care, bye.

John
Magill

;-)

 
At 6/14/2005 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beer sounds good.

 
At 6/14/2005 4:27 PM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

I'll take some illegal weapons and becca, why am I not on that list? HELLO! Have people forgotten about me here??????????

 
At 6/14/2005 6:15 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ranting and raving is always so fun to do on a blog! The plus is its usually not very boring to the reader

 
At 6/14/2005 6:51 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Ok I have a whole bunch of people to reply to so here goes:
Sarah, I am not like... thinking any of my really close friends will be getting married soon. I do wish for people to get married, it's a good thing.

John, please bring Mother some cool coffee. She would love you forever, not that she doesn't already. I would love a cool weapon, but no presure. Also, we are very happy that you are safe and having a great time. I am trying very hard to apreciate the fact that you had a good snorkeling experience. *grimace*

John's Admirer, true enough, beer does sound good.

David, we have not forgotten you. I didn't write about anybody other than my sibs because than the list would be endless. We miss you very much.

Kat, thank you for saying that my rants are interesting. Though it may not be true, I am glad you said so.

To everyone else that wishes they had commented so that I would personally address them. You need to post.

~thank you

 
At 6/14/2005 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Becca although sometimes it seems so..you and Margaret are not sibs. David how could anyone forget you...you won't let them. Luke will be home tomorrow and he will be missing you a ton. John, coffee does sound good but no special flavors just straight up. We have a lot of weapons in the house already, remember the light sabres? Don't let her talk you into anything foolish. Sarah it is good for people to get engaged..it leads to people like you coming along.

 
At 6/15/2005 7:06 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Sarah, I think it means you coming to the weddings perhaps...

Well, that's wonderful Becca. Counting down the days until school starts. Thanx alot. Not there's this huge pressure on me to get even more done beforge Sr. year starts! Ugh! >_<

Oh yeah, Becca, thanx for leaving me hanging at drive thru. You didn't get the coke that you were supposed to get for the people, and you didn't even say "Bye." You just up and left me there dealing with an unpleasant customer because I asked "Did you get your drink yet?"

Yeah John, you could bring me like, a tight dagger or somethin' if you would like. Oh yeah, also a machine gun and cigars so I could look like someone from the A-Team. heh Okay, never mind, a dagger is fine. ;)

Who's David? Do I know him? *grins*

 
At 6/15/2005 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok take a deep breath and read what I said...people like you coming along. You know, engaged...married...babies. Remember your parents were engaged and eventually you came along. whew..I'm glad we are two hours apart so I couldn't hear you scream.

Are you going to Washington?

 
At 6/15/2005 8:55 AM, Blogger Becca said...

I knew what you meant Mom.

 
At 6/15/2005 1:13 PM, Blogger Sarah Pulliam said...

Well gosh I was the only person dumb enough not to understand what Mrs. Long meant. No screaming here though. Though I may deny the RP, homeschool, christian whatever tradition of marriage out of high school, it's still far off if there. I don't know about DC yet still. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home